cold grey lazy sunday
has autumn made an appearance in 2011? i think not.
a cold crisp, ever so chilly winter’s day. a day for lounging in tracksuit pants [i will admit i have one pair and one pair only] and birkies, phfaffing, soy latte drinking, playing with new iPhone, walking the dog in the park, [bathing dog from mud in the park] and making a berry frangipane tart sort of a day.
recipe? here it is…
berry frangipane tart
1 sheet sweet puff pastry
300g [9.5 ounces] frozen mixed berries
80g [2.5 ounces] butter [softened]
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
1/3 cup caster [superfine] sugar
2 eggs yolks
1 tablespoon plain [all purpose] flour
1 cup almond meal
1. preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Grease 20cm x 30cm [8 inch x12 inch] lamington pan.
2. roll pastry until large enough to line base and sides of pan. lift pastry into pan, press into base and sides. prick base all over with fork. freeze 5 minutes.
3. place another pan on top of pastry, bake 5 minutes. remove top pan, bake 5 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly. cool 5 minutes. reduce oven to 180°C/350°F.
4. meanwhile, make frangipane. beat butter, vanilla paste, sugar and egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. stir in flour and almond meal.
5. spread frangipane over pastry base. sprinkle iwth berries, press into frangipane.
6. bake tart about 30 minutess or until browned lightly.
i hope you had a warm and wonderful weekend.